ENGAGE: Masterclass on Executive Function Coaching and Cognitive-Motor Movement Activities for Better Thinking and Self-Regulation PreK-6th Grade
Our 6-Hour Masterclass with 50 Videos + research-supported activities to ENGAGE attention, memory, self-regulation, + cognitive flexibility
50% off NOW!
Why? Because we can help!
Having received emails from clinicians and educators worldwide who are looking for research-based practical activities, we have decided to offer the 6-hour master class training for 50% off to everyone! without a coupon. January 9, 2021-March 15, 2021 to start 2021 with cognition!
We are eager to get this knowledge into Title I and high-need schools. This research & content is critical to helping our students build their cognitive skills through engaging activities.
Welcome to the ENGAGE Masterclass on The Kinetic Classroom
Teachers, clinicians, administrators and parents have never before faced such rapid changes in the delivery of teaching and educational services. Many of us are teaching online, preparing for hybrid classes, and looking for actionable ways to keep our students engaged and learning during a complicated time.
This is a time of many questions ...
"We talk about the importance of executive functions, yet I have no idea how to improve them."
"I teach first grade, my students cannot sit all day, what can I do to help them NOW!"
"How will we keep our students alert, motivated, and interested in learning?"
"How can I effectively add movement to my classroom to better manage behavior?"
"How can I help my students manage their impulsivity? They need this so much!"
"School hasn't even started yet and I'm still worn-out from online teaching from last semester, I need a plan for success!"
Learn EVERYTHING you need to engage your students' brains in 5 minutes or less!
We can ease the pressure on our teachers and the stress on our students if we apply current neuroscience research in the development of our hybrid, classroom and distance learning educational programming TODAY!
- We have the science.
- We have the proven activities.
- We have motivated teachers, leaders, clinicians, and parents who are ready to improve the trajectory of students' learning.
- Learn 3-5 minute activities for use in-person, online, in the clinic, and home to prime the brain for better learning and behavior.
In 6 Hours of Actionable Lessons (divided into 14 easy to watch on-demand sections) we provide you with pivotal research on how children REALLY learn & activities to engage students' cognition and self-regulation in person, on Zoom, or through your own teaching via video or in-person.
We CAN significantly improve our children's learning with applied neuroscience!
10,000+ educators, students, clinicians, and parents + 25 years have shown us HOW....
In the ENGAGE Masterclass - you will find 50 Videos, 190+ pages of activity + strategy downloads & research...
- We begin with the developmental precursors in learning that are well-known in the UK, Australia and Singapore yet virtually ignored in the United States.
- We teach you the science WHY moving is so important to learning, particularly in Grades PreK-6th while the brain is so neuroplastic and influenced by your teaching (content) delivery, communication and movement.
- We provide you with the pre-publication content from our upcoming book - CogniMoves! So you can print, project and even screen share the activities with your students.
Do you know?
Current research shows that executive function and self-regulation skills are central to academic achievement, social relationships, prosocial behavior and lifelong educational and employment outcomes.
In fact, executive function skills and prosocial behaviors are more accurate predictors of academic readiness and life success than IQ.
There are several evidence-based ways to build executive functions: High-quality neurofeedback, empirically-researched computer-delivered cognitive skills training, mindfulness and brain literacy (cognitive skills coaching).
For a comprehensive report read The Brain Fitness Report from Brain Futures, 2019.
If you are a….
Working with PreK-6th-Grade Students Who:
- have difficulty focusing
- are disinterested in learning
- are impulsive
- have difficulty calming themselves down
- have difficulty remembering what they have been taught
- are poor at planning their actions
- are rigid or inflexible in their thinking
- have difficulty "thinking things through"
You may be ready to...Join Our 6-Hour ENGAGE Masterclass to...
- Learn how to help students calm-down in the moment
- Learn how to improve your students' focused attention
- Teach your students Brain Priming activities to alert their brains in under 5 minutes for better learning and behavior
- Learn how to help your students become "Cognitive Scientists" more invested in their own learning
- Bring effective cognitive-physical activities to your classroom, clinic and home
- Learn how to enhance children's cognitive skills with music and movement
With ENGAGE you will help your students PreK-6th grade learn how to:
- Be more mindful of their attention cycle with My Attention Engine
- Play cognitive-motor activities like CogniTap and Spotlight which require attention, memory and self-control
- Take in academic content more easily by learning how to “encode slowly”
- Discover an “alert state of calm” with rhythmic beat-based movement patterns and sequences
- Get excited about learning by becoming the “Best Coaches” for their own brains
- Work collaboratively with others as they develop their own coaching strategies
The ENGAGE 6-hour online (watch at your leisure) Masterclass provides you with practical ready-to-use content for students who experience challenges with:
- Cognitive Flexibility
- Emotional Control
This Masterclass Provides you with content built over 30 years with thousands of educators, parents and students:
- 50 Lesson Videos
- 190+ pages of downloads
- 14 Sections of Easy-To-Understand Lessons, Strategies & Activities
- Developmentally Progressive Activities from PreK-6th Grade
- Immediate strategies to better understand and intervene with children who have learning and behavior challenges grades PreK-6th Grade
- Cutting edge cognitive-movement activities to improve learning, attention, and behaviour
- Cognitive coaching strategies with downloads + printables to help your students become the "Best Coaches" for their own brains
Dr. Lynne Kenney is the nation’s leading pediatric psychologist in the development of classroom cognitive-physical activity programs for students grades K-8. Dr. Kenney develops curriculum, programming, and activities to improve children’s cognition through coordinative cognitive-motor movement, executive function skill-building strategies, and social-emotional learning.
Dr. Kenney has advanced fellowship training in forensic psychology and developmental pediatric psychology from Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School and Harbor-UCLA/UCLA Medical School. She holds a BA in Psychology and an MA in Physical Education from the University of Southern California. Her Doctorate in Psychology is from Pepperdine.
Dr. Kenney’s books include Brain Primers™ cognitive movement cards with Mike Kuczala and Moving Minds, 2020; 70 Play Activities for Better Thinking, Self-Regulation, Learning and Behavior (Kenney & Comizio, 2016), the Social-Emotional Literacy program, Bloom Your Room™; Musical Thinking™; and Bloom: 50 things to say, think and do with anxious, angry and over-the-top-kids (Kenney & Young, 2015). Her professional development platform The Kinetic Classroom brings executive function education and cognitive-motor movement to educators and clinicians worldwide. In 2017, she co-authored the 5n45 cognitive-exercise program with Bruce Wexler, MD creator of ACTIVATE at Yale C8 Sciences.
Since 1985, Dr. Kenney has worked as an educator in community service from the inner cities of Los Angeles to national organizations such as the Neurological Health Foundation, Understood.org, HandsOn Phoenix, and Points of Light (Generation On). She values closing the education gap in poverty and enjoys working with Title I schools.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate for 10 hours of professional development that may be used for state re-certification hours or professional development hours (6+ hours of video and 4 hours of Self-Study of the research + manuals).